December 11, 2013

Happy Bunnies

All I want for Christmas...is happy bunnies. :)


Yes, I am that girl who wears makeup camping and hiking, working out and a variety of other occasions where it's completely unnecessary and abnormal. I don't care if I'm in the middle of the woods surrounded by deer, squirrels and birds-I'm gonna look my best doing it! I love makeup, trying new products, techniques and experimenting with all sorts of pretty colors. It's one of the few things that make up my "girly girl" side.

I've got a decent amount of makeup and beauty products on my Christmas list this year. And not just any makeup, but cruelty-free products. I'm a huge animal lover. I love all kinds of animals, and the use of animal testing by the majority of beauty brands (Cover Girl, Revlon, Maybelline, Bobbi Brown, L'Oreal, MAC, Neutrogena.... the list goes on and on) makes me sad sad sad.

Believe me when I say, animal testing isn't just putting lip gloss on a bunny to see if he likes the flavor. The stuff they do cruel, inhumane and completely unnecessary. I won't go into detail about what happens...let's just say it's pretty darn awful...just trust me on this, it's no bueno. And I personally don't want to support it anymore through how I shop and how I spend my money.

So lately I've been compiling a list of companies that vow to not test on animals. Thankfully, there are plenty to choose from and many of them are affordable and easy to find in your local drugstore or Target. If you're like me and would like to try and add some fun new products while simultaneously being nice to bunnies, here are a few to check out and maybe ask Santa for! :)

-Yes to Carrots ($$). I'm using the Yes to Blueberries skin regime every night and I really like it! This might sound silly, but the day I turned 31 I decided it was high time I add an anti-aging skin line into my life. I know, I'm only 31. But you can never start too early right?!

-E.L.F. ($) Seriously! Seriously!!!! Eyes.Lips.Face. (E.L.F.) is my new favorite line. Their products are dirt cheap ($1-$5) high quality and full of pretty colors. I have recently fallen head over heels in love with their mascara. Love! You can easily find E.L.F at Target.

-Alba ($$) I'm a big fan of anything that smells like Hawaii. Mango, Coconut, Pineapple. Yum yum. I currently have their shampoo and I adore it. I feel like I'm on a tropical vacation every time I take a shower!

-Physician's Formula ($$)

-Jergen's ($) If you're indifferent about your body or hand lotion like I am, Jergens is a great option to switch to! It's cheap and feels no different to me than Leubridern, Aveeno, Suave or Vaseline

-Too Faced($$$) Find it at Sephora, great stuff!

-Tarte($$$) I currently have their LipSurgence chunky matte crayon and it's awesome! I'm excited to try more of their products. You can find all of their products at Sephora.

-Urban Decay($$$) I neeeeeed this eye shadow palette. No really, I need this in my life. So pretty!

-Wet n Wild ($)

-White Rain ($)

-Method ($) I've been using Method for years for our dish detergent, laundry detergent and cleaning products and we recently added their body wash too! We have one right now that smells like Lemonade.... yummm! Super easy to find at Target.

So there you have it, my random recommendations for happy beauty products that let the bunnies live their happy bunny lives undisturbed and unharmed. If you have any other recommendations, please let me know! :)


*If you're interested in finding more cruelty-free products, check out Leaping Bunny. They have a great list of companies that do not participate in animal testing. Another thing to mention, is that if you go to a cosmetic company's website and you see something along the lines of "we do not test on animals except where required by law"-that means they do participate in animal testing. The US does not require animals testing on products, but countries like China do (although this may change soon, China just decided to begin phasing animal testing out slowly). 




8 comments:

Chelley N said...

I've heard of ELF for years, but I've always been too afraid to try it. I mean, it's SO inexpensive. Your post may have convinced me :-)

Candace said...

I LOVE the Naked set by Urban Decay. It is the best and is all I use for eyeshadow now. I've bought it for friends for birthdays, too, and they're sold. I hear that a third palette is coming out, but I'm pretty happy with my original set. Thanks for the good list!

Amanda said...

Do you follow Erika at Something Beautiful? If not, you should! I think the make-up thing makes you kindred spirits. Today is her b-day and I'm pretty sure her gift to herself (if her hubby doesn't get it first) will be the new Urban Decay palette!

And yay for saving bunnies while looking fabulous!

Aubrey said...

So surprised about wen n wild, white rain and e.l.f!

bellehavendrive said...

Thank you for sharing this! Animals are such wonderful creatures in this world. Good for you - advocating for them! These look like awesome products, too, aside from the fact they're not tested on precious animals.

Laura H said...

Thank you for sharing this, Becky! I've been starting to seek out companies with cruelty-free practices and this helps a ton. I love that you are a fellow animal lover :)

Caroline said...

Thanks for sharing this!!!

Christine said...

Thanks for the info! I hate to admit it, but I'm pretty unaware and uneducated about beauty products. I think I'll be checking out Elf soon. :)

About Me

My Photo
Hi friends, my name is Becky and this is my journey through running a photography business, being a loving wife, 4+ years infertility, traveling and adventuring with my dear husband, following hard after Jesus and seeking out joy in every area of my life. I'm glad you're here!

Followers

Contact

Click here to send me an email.

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2014 • All Rights Reserved