YAY for beauty products and happy bunnies! I've had lots of opportunities to try new cruelty-free products that are amaaaaaazing! I'm so excited that there are so many wonderful options out there for those of us who are looking for cruelty-free beauty products!
- Acure Organics. Oh man, this stuff! It has officially become my new skincare routine, especially now that it is sold at Target (yay!). I originally tried it after sadly finding out my old skincare brand (Algenst) began animal testing. I started out with their Argan Oil (mixed with Frankincense and Helichrysum essential oil) for my nighttime moisture. Then I added their Brightening Scrub which is packed with sea kelp and French green clay for my weekly exfoliation. It smells kinda gross but it is an amazing exfoliating scrub! Then I added their Superfruit cleanser. The cleanser is great if you need to wash away layers of sunscreen, primers, makeup, setting spray etc., but I have found it to be a little drying to use every single day.
- Alba Organics Good & Clean. Since the Acure Organics Superfruit cleaner is pretty intense and would be a bit much for me to use every day, I turned to Alba Organics. This cream cleanser is heavenly! The smell alone (pineapple + vanilla + grapefruit) is worth it to me. I love how it washes away clean without a residue and it actually does a great job cleansing. I think a lot of cream cleansers don't really do much, but this stuff rocks. I'll never use another cleanser for daily use, it's that good!
- Lush Cosmetics: Feeling Younger Skin Tint. This has been my favorite summer make-up addition. It's a beautiful, creamy highlighting cream that gives a dewy glow without a glitter explosion all over your face. You can mix it with your moisturizer under makeup, mix it with your foundation, wear it alone or use it simply as a highlighter on cheekbones, brow bones etc.
- R + Co. Blow Out Balm. There's a reason it was named Allure magazine's Best of Beauty award. This stuff is aweeeesome! It's a straightening cream that tames frizz, holds your style, gives a little lift and doesn't weigh your hair down or feel gunky. It's light, smells great and makes your hair feel like you just walked out of a salon.
- Wet n' Wild: Take On the Day Eye Primer. I don't think I've worn Wet n' Wild since I was in like 7th grade, but when I heard about this primer, I had to try it for myself. This stuff actually scares me. It makes your eye shadow and liner stay on so well, that if you mess something up....well, good luck. You can't get this stuff off for the first few hours. I put this on once and then I sneezed with wet mascara on (gah!). I could NOT get the mascara off of my brow bone. My best make-up remover struggles against this primer. Soap and water do nothing. It's like liquid cement on your eyes. But that's a very very good thing if you want your eye make-up to last for hours on a hot summer day. Just consider yourself warned :)
- IBD Gel Polish: Flowerful. When I was in CA, my sister and I went in for manicures the night before my surgery (hey, if I'm going to be laid up in a hospital, I wanted pretty nails to look at!). Jenny found this incredible color that neither of us had ever seen before despite frequenting nail salons for years. It was a beautiful creamy pale coral color. She had at least 3 people come up to her in the salon and ask what color it was because it was so unique and pretty! I was straight up obsessed with her nails the entire time we were in CA. I knew I had to have it! After intense research, I discovered IBD was owned by cruelty-free parent company, hence no animal testing. Hooray! It's officially my favorite gel color. Ever.
- ColourPop Cosmetics. Maybe it's the fact that it's made less than a mile from where we "lived" in California. Maybe it's the pretty colors. Maybe it's their clever branding and reasonable prices ($5 for a high quality lip stick? Yes please, I'll take 7). But I'm obsessed with ColourPop. I am systematically ditching all of my lip glosses and sticks in favor of their Lippie Stix. They come in Sheer, Satin, Creme, Hyper-Glossy and Matte finishes. But they all come in the adorable tubes you see in the picture below. I'm so sick and tired of trying to put on gloss with my finger or wand applicator. So I love that you can get a gloss finish out of a tube. Yeah! Plus, you get a hand written thank you note with your purchase, how wonderful is that? :)